Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.06Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive reference source which considers fatty alcohols from their production, environmental behaviour and potential toxicity viewpoint and discusses their anthropogenic contributions.
- Author BiographyStephen M Mudge is currently at Bangor University, UK. After nearly six years of investigating radionuclides in the environment at Lancaster University, Stephen Mudge moved to Bangor University and began work on lipid biomarkers in the environment. In the past 20 years he has investigated the sources and dispersal of many contaminants, especially sewage derived materials, in marine and terrestrial environments. In 2003 he started the world's first degree on Environmental Forensics that utilises many of the chemical and statistical approaches developed over the years of investigation. Fatty alcohols have formed part of these analyses and while these compounds may be frequently measured, they are rarely reported. Scott Belanger is a Research Fellow in The Procter & Gamble Company corporate environmental safety organization. His research spans a wide range of topics including understanding the effects of consumer product chemicals in the environment at the levels of the organism to the ecosystem. He has assisted in several efforts to assess the environmental risk of alcohols and alcohol-derived surfactants in recent years frequently working with trade associations, academic partnerships, and the regulatory community on these affairs. Allen Nielsen is a recently retired microbiologist from the Research and Development Department of Sasol North America, Inc. His main focus during his thirty-one year career has been the environmental safety of petrochemical -derived surfactants which are used in consumer and industrial applications. In recent years he was focused on the environmental safety of alcohols and alcohol-derived surfactants.
- Author(s)Allen M. Nielsen,Scott E. Belanger,Stephen M. Mudge
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication30/09/2008
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note116 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations
- Weight436 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.