All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Mr. Paul A. Pickering
- PublisherThe Merlin Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Merlin Press Ltd
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1 explores his early life and political heritage; chapter 2 considers prospects for change - Rebellion in Ireland and Reform in England - as O'Connor stood for election to parliament; Chapter 3 covers his first stint in the House of Commons, his break with O'Connell and his emergence as leader of British radicalism; Chapter 4 looks at his early Chartist career, including his period in prison; Chapter 5 examines his later Chartist career including his second period in the House of Commons. The last Chapter examines his later attempts to unite Irish and British radicals, his death commemoration and legacy.
- Author BiographyPaul A. Pickering is the Queen Elizabeth II Fellow at the Humanities Research Centre at Australian National University. He is the coauthor of Friends of the People and is a contributor to The Chartist Legacy ; Elections: Full, Free, and Fair ; and Gold: Forgotten Histories.
Best selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £8.99Trending at £10.87
- £17.64Trending at £19.31
- £6.87Trending at £7.20
- £3.34Trending at £3.50
- £7.76Trending at £8.82
- £4.50Trending at £5.37
- £7.79Trending at £8.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.