All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Gergely Baics
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication27/09/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note8 color illus. 2 halftones. 19 line illus. 14 maps.
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations and Tables ix Acknowledgments xi Introduction 1 Part I Political Economy of Urban Provisioning 1. Is Access to Food a Public Good? From Public Market to Free-Market System, 1790-1860 19 Part II Public Market System of Provisioning, 1790s-1820s 2. The Landscape of Municipal Food Access 57 3. Constraints of Time: Public Market Schedule of Provisioning 94 4. Catharine Market and Its Neighborhood 121 Part III Free-Market System of Provisioning, 1830s-50s 5. Withdraw the Bungling Hand of Government: Free-Market Geography of Provisioning 155 6. The Price of Deregulation: Food Access and Living Standards 193 Conclusion 231 Abbreviations 237 Appendix A: Maps 239 Appendix B: Public Market Data 251 Notes 259 Index 331
- Author BiographyGergely Baics is assistant professor of history and urban studies at Barnard College, Columbia University.
Best selling in Other Books, Comics, Magazines
Save on Other Books, Comics, Magazines
- £10.89Trending at £11.84
- £4.88Trending at £5.30
- £8.94Trending at £10.07
- £3.34Trending at £3.66
- £8.14Trending at £8.75
- £4.50Trending at £5.20
- £6.87Trending at £7.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.