All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines problems that arise from the use of exclusively patriarchal images in modern Christian worship. The author asserts that female images in the Bible could help worshippers find a relationship with God and provide encouragement and comfort in difficult situations.
- Author BiographyMyungSil Kim is Adjunct Professor at Presbyterian College and Theological Seminary in Seoul, Korea. She received her PhD in liturgical studies from Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary. At present, she is a member of the local worship committee for WCC 10
th Assembly. In addition, she serves as vice-secretary of the Korean Society for Practical Theology and was a past secretary of the Korea Association of Liturgy. She is a member of the Feminist Liturgy Seminar of the North American Academy of Liturgy and the Korean Association of Women Theologians. Before she earned her doctorate, Kim worked as a member of the Board of Directors in the Korean Christian Women Counseling Center for victims of domestic violence and as a parish minister in Korea.
- Author(s)MyungSil Kim
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleLiturgical Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight330 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.84Trending at £5.19
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.