All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnce you enter the world of the city's birds, life in the great metropolis will never look the same.
- Author BiographyLeslie Day is a New York City naturalist and the author of Field Guide to the Natural World of New York City and Field Guide to the Street Trees of New York City, also published by Johns Hopkins. Dr. Day taught environmental science and biology for more than twenty years. Today, she leads nature tours in New York City Parks for the New York Historical Society, the High Line Park, Fort Tryon Park Trust, Riverside Park Conservancy, and New York City Audubon. Trudy Smoke is a professor of linguistics and rhetoric at Hunter College, City University of New York and a nature illustrator. She is the illustrator of Field Guide to the Street Trees of New York City. Beth Bergman is a photographer for the Metropolitan Opera who has been documenting nature for forty-one years. Her photographs have appeared in numerous publications, including the New York Times, Newsweek, New York Magazine, Opera News, and Paris Match.
- Author(s)Leslie Day
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note415, 61 colour plates, 354 colour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Trudy Smoke
- Photographs byBeth Bergman,Don Riepe
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.