All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on archaeological discoveries and developments in deciphering Maya glyphs, this title presents a revisionist reading that shifts the emphasis of interpretation to the mythic power of the sea as the basis of a larger, deeper cultural narrative and history for the Maya. It provides an interdisciplinary context for understanding Maya art.
- Author BiographyDaniel Finamore is The Russell W. Knight Curator of Maritime Art and History at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, Massachusetts. Stephen D. Houston is The Dupee Family Professor of Social Science and Professor of Archaeology at Brown University.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication02/02/2010
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitlePeabody Essex Museum
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note174 black-&-white illustrations & 192 colour images
- Weight2345 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byDaniel Finamore,Stephen D. Houston
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £6.80Trending at £7.69
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.