All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn a spring morning in 1903, Major-General Sir Hector Macdonald, one of Britain's greatest military heroes, took his life in a hotel room in Paris. Fighting Mac tells the true story behind his disgrace and sheds new light on the myths and legends which grew up after his death.
- Author BiographyTrevor Royle has built up an outstanding reputation as an historian of war and empire. His recent books include bestselling accounts of the end of the empire in Africa and India, a controversial biography of the Chindit leader Orde Wingate and CRIMEA: THE GREAT CRIMEAN WAD 1854-1856, a groundbreaking history of the war in the Crimea. He lives in Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Trevor Royle
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication25/09/2003
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Content Note8pp b&w photographs
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
Most relevant reviews
- mightybrain06 Jul, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.29
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £10.18Trending at £11.86
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £13.91
- £5.02Trending at £6.51
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.