Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.78
- £21.13Trending at £29.96
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £5.50Trending at £5.79
- £13.47Trending at £25.48
- £18.30Trending at £29.84
- £18.23Trending at £18.99
About this product
- DescriptionWith chapters on polar explorer films, silent cinema, documentaries, ethnographic and indigenous film, gender and ecology, as well as Hollywood and the USSR's uses and abuses of the Arctic, this book provides a groundbreaking account of Arctic cinemas from 1898 to the present and radically alters stereotypical views of the Arctic region.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Scott MacKenzie teaches in the Department of Film and Media, and is cross-appointed to the Graduate Program in Cultural Studies, at Queen's University, Canada. Anna Westerstahl Stenport is Associate Professor of Scandinavian Studies and Media and Cinema Studies, and Director of the European Union Center, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2015
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note52 black and white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAnna Westerstahl Stenport,Scott Mackenzie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.