All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuggests a radical new solution to the 'mess' which English homicide law has become. Written by two of the UK's leading experts on the law of homicide. Contains new information and analysis.
- Author BiographyProfessor Terence Morris and Louis Blom-Cooper are two of the UK's leading experts on the law of homicide, having studied developments together for over 50 years. This has led them to recognise the extent of disquiet, especially following 'particularly troubling cases' and to conclude that the law of homicide in England and Wales is 'an unsatisfactory law enveloped in a political fix' (see Chapter 8). Their suggestion of a replacement single offence of criminal homicide coupled with abolition of the mandatory life sentence for murder in favour of discretion at the sentencing stage demands close study by judges, lawyers, legislators, academics, penal reformers and anyone who senses that something is seriously amiss. Further biographical details appear inside the book.
- Author(s)Louis Blom-Cooper,Professor Terence Morris
- PublisherWaterside Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2011
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationWinchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWaterside Press
- Content Note8 page colour plate section
- Weight835 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.