All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book demonstrates the uses of the Finite Element Method (FEM) in manufacturing, primarily machining. Covers orthogonal cutting, oblique cutting, 3D simulations for turning and milling, grinding and state-of-the-art high speed machining and micromachining.
- Author BiographyAngelos P. Markopoulos is a mechanical engineer. He received his Ph.D. from the Manufacturing Technology Division of the National Technical University of Athens in 2006. His research includes topics such as precision and ultraprecision machining processes with special interest in high speed hard machining, grinding, micromachining and nanotechnology. These subjects are studied experimentally as well as through numerical and artificial intelligence methods like the Finite Element Method and Neural Networks. He is the author of more than 30 papers in journals, conferences and book chapters on the above mentioned areas. He is member of the Editorial Review Board and Reviewer for several scientific journals. Parallel to his research activities he has been teaching in various Universities of Greece including the National Technical University of Athens, the University of Thessaly, the School of Pedagogical and Technological Education, the Hellenic Air Force Academy and the Hellenic Navy. In 2011 he was elected lecturer in the National Technical University of Athens.
- Author(s)Angelos P. Markopoulous
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2012
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology/Springerbriefs in Manufacturing and Surface Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, biography
- Weight156 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.