CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.74
- £14.82Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.56
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- GenreAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleEcological Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number138
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note47 black & white tables, biography
- Weight759 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byB.J. Stocks,E.S. Kasischke
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2000
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction.- Section I. Information Requirements and Fire Management and Policy Issues.- 2. Boreal Ecosystems in the Global Carbon Cycle.- 3. Boreal Forest Fire Emissions and the Chemistry of the Atmosphere.- 4. Eurasian Perspective of Fire: Dimension, Management, Policies, and Scientific Requirements.- 5. Fire Management in the Boreal Forests of Canada.- 6. Effects of Climate Change on Management and Policy: Mitigation Options in the North American Boreal Forest.- Section II. Processes Influencing Carbon Cycling in the North American Boreal Forest.- 7. Distribution of Forest Ecosystems and the Role of Fire in the North American Boreal Region.- 8. Extent, Distribution, and Ecological Role of Fire in Russian Forests.- 9. Long-Term Perspectives on Fire-Climate-Vegetation Relationships in the North American Boreal Forest.- 10. Controls on Patterns of Biomass Burning in Alaskan Boreal Forests.- 11. Postfire Stimulation of Microbial Decomposition in Black Spruce (Picea mariana L.) Forest Soils: A Hypothesis.- 12. Influence of Fire on Long-Term Patterns of Forest Succession in Alaskan Boreal Forests.- Section III. Spatial Data Sets for the Analysis of Carbon Dynamics in Boreal Forests.- 13. Carbon Storage in the Asian Boreal Forests of Russia.- 14. Characteristics of Forest Ecozones in the North American Boreal Region.- 15. Historical Fire Records in the North American Boreal Forest.- 16. Fire and the Carbon Budget of Russian Forests.- 17. Using Visible and Near-Infrared Satellite Imagery to Monitor Boreal Forests.- 18. Monitoring Boreal Forests by Using Imaging Radars.- Section IV. Modeling of Fire and Ecosystem Processes and the Effects of Climate Change on Carbon Cycling in Boreal Forests.- 19. Modeling of Fire Occurrence in the Boreal Forest Region of Canada.- 20. Climate Change and Forest Fire Activity in North American Boreal Forests.- 21. Carbon Release from Fires in the North American Boreal Forest.- 22. Ecological Models of the Dynamics of Boreal Landscapes.- 23. Using Satellite Data to Monitor Fire-Related Processes in Boreal Forests.- 24. Influences of Fire and Climate Change on Patterns of Carbon Emissions in Boreal Peatlands.- 25. Effects of Climate Change and Fire on Carbon Storage in North American Boreal Forests.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.