All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWriting was the central passion of Emerson's life. Emerson advised that 'the way to write is to throw your body at the mark when your arrows are spent'. This title shows us an Emerson who is no granite bust but instead is a fully fleshed, creative person disarmingly willing to confront his own failures.
- Author BiographyRobert D. Richardson is the author of William James: In the Maelstrom of American Modernism, which won the 2007 Bancroft Prize, Emerson: The Mind on Fire, which won both the Francis Parkman Prize and the Melcher Book Award and was a finalist for a National Book Critics Circle Award, and Henry Thoreau: A Life of the Mind, which also won the Melcher Book Award.
- Author(s)Robert D. Richardson
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2009
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight240 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £15.12Trending at £15.74
- £6.77Trending at £8.22
- £3.22Trending at £5.48
- £27.74Trending at £29.28
- £5.99Trending at £6.32
- £22.58Trending at £28.58
- £20.55Trending at £21.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.