All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)D.G. Lloyd,Spencer C.H. Barrett
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight644 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
- Table Of ContentsPart One : Historical perspective: Discovery of the secret of nature in the structure and fertilization of flowers-- C. K. Sprengel (translated by P. Haase); Christian Konrad Sprengel's theory of the flower: the cradle of floral ecology-- S. Vogel; Part Two: Conceptual issues: Floral traits and plant adaptation to insect pollinators: a devil's advocate approach-- C.M. Herrera; How do flowers diverge-- P. Wilson and J.D. Thomson; Floral longevity: fitness consequences and resource costs-- T.L. Ashman and D.J. Schoen; Pollen dispersal and mating patterns in animal-pollinated plants-- L.D. Harder and S.C.H. Barrett; The ecology of geitonogamous pollination-- A.A. Snow, T.P. Spira, R. Simpson, and R.A. Klips; Flower size dimorphism in plants with unisexual flowers-- L.F. Delph; Part Three: Model systems: Evolution of floral morphology and function: an integrative approach to adaptation, constraint and compromise in Dalechampia (Euphorbiaceae)-- W.S. Armbruster; The evolution of floral form: insights from an Alpine wildflower, Polemonium viscosum (Polemoniaceae)-- C. Galen; Deceit pollination in the monoecious, neotropical herb Begonia oaxacana (Begoniaceae)-- D.W. Schemske, J. Agren, and J. Le Corff; Reproductive success and gender variation in deceit-pollinated orchids-- A.L. Fritz and L.A. Nilsson; Stylar polymorphisms and the evolution of heterostyly in Narcissus (Amaryllidaceae)-- S.C.H. Barrett, D.G. Lloyd, and J. Arroyo; Evolution of Campanula flowers in relation to insect pollinators on islands-- K. Inoue, M. Maki, and M. Masuda; Index.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.67Trending at £5.00
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £7.81Trending at £8.36
- £6.06Trending at £6.39
- £10.31Trending at £11.81
- £5.79Trending at £6.64
- £6.52Trending at £6.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.