All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows the shift of focus that occurred during Florence Nightingale's more than forty years of work on public health in India. This book documents concrete proposals for self-government, especially at the municipal level, and the encouragement of leading Indian nationals themselves. It also includes sections on village and town sanitation.
- Author BiographyGerard Vallee is Professor Emeritus of religious studies at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario. His publications include The Spinoza Conversations Between Lessing and Jacobi (1988), The Shaping of Christianity 100-800 (1999), and Soundings in G.E. Lessings Philosophy of Religion (2000). He has been involved in the editing of the Collected Works since 1998.
- PublisherWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2005
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWaterloo, Ontario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintWilfrid Laurier University Press
- Weight1428 g
- Width158 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byGerrard Vallee
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.