Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £27.55Trending at £30.25
- £12.42Trending at £17.90
- £27.06Trending at £29.68
- £12.34Trending at £13.04
- £9.12Trending at £9.27
- £20.63Trending at £28.98
- £17.99Trending at £25.88
About this product
- DescriptionSimultaneously witty, scathing, anecdotal, and factual, Florence Nightingale's Notes on Nursing is perhaps the most influential work on nursing throughout the world. For years, the three extant versions of this seminal work puzzled scholars as well as readers. This book presents all three versions, annotated and unabridged.
- Author BiographyVictor Skretkowicz currently is Senior Lecturer in English, University of Dundee (Scotland). Dr. Skretkowicz is a highly recognized and accomplished professor, scholar, author and researcher in English literature, including Shakespeare, Early English Fiction, and Elizabethan and Renaissance studies. His work on Florence Nightingale emerged as a result of several grants related to conducting bibliographic studies of her work. This project took shape upon the discovery that Nightingale's work has been confused and miss-referenced by scholars and historians, mainly due to the existence of three versions of the Notes on Nursing, published in quick succession between January 1860 and June 1861. He has published 28 reviews and review articles in refereed journals and has delivered 45 papers in the UK and internationally. Dr. Skretkowicz's reputation as a scholar is evidenced by his external recognition and awards, including serving as External Assessor on Promotion (Cambridge University), Fellowship Assessor for the Newberry Library (Chicago), Major Research Awards Assessor, Humanities and Social Sciences Federation of Canada (2001), External Examiner for the PhD (Univ of Glasgow), and External Assessor for Promotions (UCLA), among others. Dr. Skretkowicz serves on two Editorial Boards, including Oxford Univ Press.
- Author(s)Victor Skretkowicz
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.