All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines religion as a key driver of cultural flows. It illustrates that religion and religious organization is a political and cultural force in a contemporary globalized world.
- Author BiographyLenore Manderson is an inaugural ARC Federation Fellow and Professor of Medical Anthropology at Monash University. She has conducted research in anthropology, social history and public health in Australia, South East and East Asia, and Africa, and has a broad interest in social inclusion, inequality, health, illness and wellbeing, and the social and political-economic factors that shape the human condition. She is co-editor of Chronic Conditions, Fluid States (2010) and author, among other works, of Surface Tensions (2011). Wendy Smith is Director of the Centre for Malaysian Studies, Monash Asia Institute, and Senior Lecturer, Department of Management, Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University. She has conducted extensive research in both Malaysia and Japan, and has research interests in cross-cultural management, employee relations in Asia, Japanese management transfer, international business, social protection in Malaysia, globalized religious organizations, managing religious diversity in the workplace, and Islamic work ethics. Matt Tomlinson is a lecturer in anthropology at Monash University. He is the author of In God's Image: The Metaculture of Fijian Christianity (University of California Press, 2009) and co-editor of The Limits of Meaning: Case Studies in the Anthropology of Christianity (Berghahn, 2006).
- Date of Publication17/02/2012
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight549 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byLenore Manderson,Matt Tomlinson,Wendy Smith
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.