All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of Jewish folktales. It includes tales that have been selected from the Israel Folktale Archives (IFA), named in Honor of Dov Noy, at The University of Haifa, a treasure house of Jewish lore.
- Author BiographyDan Ben-Amos, Ph.D., is a professor of folklore at the University of Pennsylvania, the general ditor of Indiana University Press's Folklore Series, and the senior editor of Mimekor Yisrael: Folktales of Israel. Dov Noy, Ph.D., is the Max and Margarethe Grunwald Professor of Hebrew Literature at the Hebrew University, the director of Hebrew University Folklore Center, professor of Yiddish folklore at Bar Ilan University, the 1988 recipient of the Jerusalem Prize, and the founder of the Israel Folktale Archive.
- PublisherJewish Publication Society
- Date of Publication25/10/2006
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleFolktales of the Jews
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Publication Society
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1161 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Edited byDan Ben-Amos,Dov Noy
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £4.89Trending at £5.24
- £10.25Trending at £11.42
- £12.45Trending at £12.75
- £12.10Trending at £13.61
- £10.87Trending at £13.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.