All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight447 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byH. Greenfield
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction.- 2. Food composition data and data bases.- 3. Initiation and organisation of a food composition data base programme.- 4. The selection of foods.- 5. The selection of nutrients and other components.- 6. Sampling.- 7. Analytical methods for the production of food composition data.- 8. Assuring the quality of analytical data.- 9. Conventions and modes of expression of food composition data.- 10. Quality considerations in the compilation of a food composition data base.- 11. Guidelines for the use of food composition data.- 12. Current needs and future directions.- References.- Appendices 1. Methods of preparation of foods for analysis.- 2. Examples of procedures for the preparation of analytical portions.- 3. Essential booklist for food composition programmes.- 4. Useful addresses for food composition programmes.- 5. Calculation of fatty acids per 100 g food from data for fatty acids per 100 g of total fatty acids.- 6. Calculation of the composition of dishes prepared from recipes.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
- £9.54Trending at £11.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.