All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Edited byRonald J. Maughan,Susan M. Shirreffs
- Table Of ContentsPreface Foreword Consensus Statement Consensus Conference Participants 1. Energy availability in athletes 2. Carbohydrates for training and competition 3. Dietary protein for athletes: from requirements to optimum adaptation 4. Fluid and electrolyte needs for training, competition and recovery 5. Antioxidant and Vitamin D supplements for athletes: sense or nonsense? 6. Dietary supplements for athletes: emerging trends and recurring themes 7. Strength sports: weightlifting, throwing events, body building, sprints 8. Nutrition for power sports: middle-distance running, track cycling, rowing, canoeing/kayaking, and swimming 9. Endurance sports: marathon, triathlon, road cycling 10. Elite athletes in aesthetic and Olympic weight-class sports and the challenge of weight and body composition 11. Practical strategies for team sports 12. Winter sports
- Author BiographyRon Maughan obtained his BSc (Physiology) and PhD from the University of Aberdeen, and held a lecturing position in Liverpool before returning to Aberdeen where he was based for almost 25 years. He is now a professor at Loughborough University, UK. He has published extensively in the scientific literature, and is on the editorial board of several international journals. Susan Shirreffs is a lecturer at Loughborough University, UK. She specialises in hydration and is the theme leader of the sport and Exercise Nutrition Theme of The Nutrition Society.
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £27.98Trending at £44.64
- £7.28Trending at £7.44
- £12.31Trending at £13.46
- £15.75Trending at £17.37
- £14.39Trending at £15.90
- £9.99Trending at £12.99
- £15.90Trending at £19.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.