All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis socio-historical analysis, from a neo-Weberian perspective, deals with issues of interest to sociologists, political theorists, and historians. The book looks at the role of the middle class, its cultural links with democracy and the part it played in industrialisation and capitalism.
- Author BiographyRONALD M. GLASSMAN, Professor of Sociology, William Paterson College of New Jersey. He is the author of China in Transition: Communism, Capitalism and Democracy (Praeger, 1991), Democracy and Equality: Theories and Programs for the Modern World (Praeger, 1989), and Bureaucracy Against Democracy and Socialism (co-authored with William H. Swatos and Paul L. Rosen Jr.), (Greenwood Press, 1987), among other books in recent years. WILLIAM H. SWATOS, Jr., is Editor of Sociology of Religion, the official journal of the Association for the Sociology of Religion. He is the author of Time, Place and Circumstance: Neo-Weberian Studies in Comparative Religious History (Greenwood Press, 1990) and co-author, with Ronald Glassman, of Charisma, History and Social Structure (Greenwood Press, 1986) and Twentieth Century World Religious Movements in Neo-Weberian Perspective (1992), among other works. PETER KIVISTO is Associate Professor of Sociology at Augustana College. He is the author of American Immigrants and Their Generations: Studies and Commentaries on the Hansen Thesis after Fifty Years (1990) and Ethnic Enigma: Salience of Ethnicity for European Origin Groups (1989) and co-authored with William Swatos, Jr., Max Weber: A Bio-Bibliography (Greenwood Press, 1988).
- Author(s)Peter Kivisto,Ronald M. Glassman,William H. Swatos
- Date of Publication30/09/1993
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleContributions in Sociology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 105
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.