All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHot-forging iron - blacksmithing is a craft that evokes a passion, yet demands commitment from practitioners. This book examines the variety of skills, processes, and requirements necessary to the design and making of contemporary forged architectural metalwork.
- Author BiographyPeter Parkinson studied Industrial Design at the Royal College of Art and began a career as an art college lecturer. In 1980 he became a born again blacksmith and initiated a BA [Hons] Metals degree course including studies in blacksmithing. In 1992 he set up his own practice as an artist blacksmith. He regularly writes articles for Artist Blacksmith magazine, the journal of the British Artist Blacksmiths Association, and for similar journals in America. He is the author of The Artist Blacksmith [Crowood].
- Author(s)Peter Parkinson
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2006
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note180 colour photos, 50 colour illustrations
- Weight820 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.89Trending at £2.06
- £1.99Trending at £2.19
- £9.72Trending at £9.92
- £4.49Trending at £7.99
- £1.99Trending at £2.11
- £1.89Trending at £3.03
- £13.75Trending at £16.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.