All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unusual book is a blend of monograph, textbook and handbook. It is intended for students and researchers who need quick access to useful formulas appearing in the linear regression model and related matrix theory.
- Author BiographySimo Puntanen earned his PhD in statistics from the University of Tampere (Tampere, Finland) in 1987, where he is now a Docent and Lecturer of Statistics. He has published over 110 research papers in matrix methods for statistics with particular emphasis on linear statistical models. He is currently the book review editor of the International Statistical Review. Jarkko Isotalo earned his PhD in statistics from the University of Tampere (Tampere, Finland) in 2007, where he is now a Lecturer of Statistics. His main research interests have been linear statistical models, matrix methods for statistics, and computational statistics. He is currently also doing applied research on statistical genetics. Puntanen, Styan, and Isotalo, knowing just what is expected of authors, would like to agree with P. G. Wodehouse and apologize for childhoods that were as normal as rice-pudding and lives that consisted of little more than sitting in front of the laptop and cursing a bit. George P. H. Styan earned his PhD in mathematical statistics from Columbia University in 1969 and received an Honorary PhD from the University of Tampere in 2000. He is now Professor Emeritus of Mathematics and Statistics at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. He has published over 140 research papers, mostly in matrix methods for statistics, and since 2005, his main interests have focused on magic squares, and mathematical and statistical philately.
- Author(s)George P. H. Styan,Jarkko Isotalo,Simo Puntanen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Statistics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight225 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.87
- £6.41Trending at £7.35
- £9.26Trending at £11.41
- £11.50Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.97
- £10.31Trending at £11.47
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.