All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.94Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £4.53Trending at £6.44
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book highlights recent advancements on technologies to improve the dissolution and bioavailability of poorly water soluble drugs. It details the most current knowledge, practical methods, and regulatory considerations.
- Author BiographyRobert O. (Bill) Williams III, Ph.D. is the Johnson & Johnson Centennial Professor of Pharmaceutics at the College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin. He earned a B.S. in Biology from Texas A&M University, a B.S. in Pharmacy from the University of Texas at Austin and Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutics in 1986 from the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Williams worked 9 years in the pharmaceutical industry in the United States and France before returning to the University of Texas at Austin. Dr Williams was elected a Fellow of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists in 2006 and a Fellow of the American Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering in 2008. Dr. Williams is a member of numerous professional organizations, including American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, and American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists. Dr. Williams' research interests include development of novel drug delivery systems for oral, pulmonary, nasal, injectable, buccal and topical applications, development of novel particle engineering technologies for low molecular weight drugs, peptides and proteins, and analytical technologies to characterize actives, excipients and polymers. He has published over 300 articles, abstracts and book chapters in the fields of pharmaceutical technology and drug delivery. In addition, Dr. Williams has co-edited one book. He is an inventor on numerous patents and patent applications. Dr. Williams is the Editor-in-Chief of the research journal Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, and serves as a reviewer for International Journal of Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Research, European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, S.T.P. Pharma Sciences, AAPS PharmSciTech, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Development and Technology, Journal of Membrane Science, and Journal of Controlled Release. Alan B. Watts, Ph.D. is the Assistant Director of the Drug Dynamics Institute and an Adjunct Assistant Professor at the College of Pharmacy, University of Texas at Austin. He earned a B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from Louisiana Tech University and Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutics from the University of Texas at Austin where he was an AAPS/AFPE Pre-Doctoral Fellow. His research efforts have focused on novel approaches toward pulmonary drug delivery, translational science, and formulation of insoluble drugs. Previously, Alan worked as a Research Scientist in the pharmaceutical industry specializing in drugs for dry powder delivery to the lungs. Dave Miller, Ph.D. is a Senior Principal Scientist in the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Research and Development Department at Hoffmann-La Roche, Inc. in Nutley, NJ. He earned his B.S. in Chemical Engineering in 2002 and his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics in 2007 from the University of Texas at Austin. Throughout his academic and industrial career, Dr. Miller's research focus has been in the area of solubility enhancement; specifically, advanced solid dispersion systems, hot-melt extrusion technology, spray drying technology, precipitation technology, and the development of in-vitro/in-vivo relationships. He has published numerous research articles, two book chapters, and is a co-inventor on several patent applications pertaining to this field.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/12/2011
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleAAPS Advances in the Pharmaceutical Sciences Series
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note79 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1140 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAlan B. Watts,III,Robert O. Williams
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.