All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe defence of the 9th-century kingdom of Wessex under King Alfred the Great against the Great Viking Army is one of the major military achievements of early medieval history. This work traces the development, construction and impact of fortifications from the 9th to 11th centuries AD.
- Author BiographyRyan Lavelle is currently lecturing in medieval history at King Alfred's College. Winchester and the University of Southampton, England. He is completing a study of the reign of the Anglo-Saxon king Aethelred II 'The Unready', to be published later this year by Tempus Publishing. Donato Spedaliere was born in Switzerland, and moved to Tuscany at the age of 10, where he still lives. Having studied at the Instituto Nazionale di Belle Arti in Florence he served in the Italian Army as a paratrooper. He has worked as an illustrator for publishers in Italy and abroad and he is the chief illustrator of Alina Illustrazioni. Sarah Sulemsohn Spedaliere was born in Romania and emigrated to Israel with her family. Following a degree at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Sarah lectured at the University of Florence and in 1994 completed an architecture degree. Since 1998 she has worked at Alina Ilustrazioni, which she founded with her husband Donato.
- Author(s)Ryan Lavelle
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/10/2003
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleFortress
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 14
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note55 b&wNo. 14 7 colour illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Donato Spedaliere,Sarah Sulemsohn Spedaliere
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £22.43Trending at £25.80
- £11.94Trending at £12.40
- £24.05Trending at £34.95
- £8.77Trending at £11.54
- £11.33Trending at £14.88
- £7.29Trending at £8.01
- £6.65Trending at £8.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.