All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFossils: The Key to the Past is the Natural History Museum's classic introduction to fossils. It provides a comprehensive guide to all aspects of fossils and their use in reconstructing the history of life on Earth.
- Author BiographyRichard Fortey is a celebrated popular science writer and former senior palaeontologist at the Natural History Museum, London. Richard spent more than 30 years working at the Museum, specialising in trilobites, the distant relatives of crabs and lobsters that lived 260-540 million years ago. He has also been Collier Professor in the Public Understanding of Science and Technologyat Bristol University.His previous books include The Hidden Landscape, which won The Natural World Book of the Year in 1993, Life: An Unauthorised Biography which was shortlisted for the Rhone Poulenc Prize in 1998, Trilobite! Eyewitness to Evolution, which was short-listed for the Samuel Johnson Prize, and Dry Store Room No. 1: The Secret Life of the Natural History Museum. He has won both the Lewis Thomas and Michael Faraday prizes for his science writing, and was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1997.
- Author(s)Richard A. Fortey
- PublisherThe Natural History Museum
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Natural History Museum
- Content NoteOver 200 colour photographs
- Weight850 g
- Width192 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th New edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.