CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £14.86Trending at £17.00
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.10Trending at £6.27
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £11.71Trending at £12.90
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures a comprehensive survey of business, including management and organization, human resource management, marketing, social media and e-business, accounting, and finance. This book includes core topics highlighted within these areas such as ethics and social responsibility, small business concerns and entrepreneurship, and global issues.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Hughes (Ph.D., University of North Texas) specializes in business administration and college instruction. He has taught Introduction to Business for more than 35 years both on campus and online for Richland College, one of seven campuses that are part of the Dallas County Community College District. In addition to BUSINESS and FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS, published by Cengage Learning, he has authored college textbooks in personal finance and business mathematics and served as a content consultant for two popular national television series, It's Strictly Business and Dollars & Sense: Personal Finance for the 21st Century. He is also the co-author of a new online Introduction to Business course for Dallas County Community Colleges that accompanies the FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS text. In addition, he is lead author for a business math project utilizing artificial intelligence and computer-assisted instruction funded by the ALEKS Corporation. He is active in many academic and professional organizations and has served as a consultant and investment adviser to individuals, businesses, and charitable organizations. Dr. Hughes is the recipient of three different Teaching in Excellence Awards at Richland College. According to Dr. Hughes, after 35 years of teaching Introduction to Business, the course is still exciting: There's nothing quite like the thrill of seeing students succeed, especially in a course like Introduction to Business, which provides the foundation for not only academic courses, but also life in the real world. Jack R. Kapoor (Ed.D., Northern Illinois University) is professor of business and economics in the Business and Technology Division at the College of DuPage, where he has taught Introduction to Business, Marketing, Management, Economics, and Personal Finance since 1969. He previously taught at Illinois Institute of Technology's Stuart School of Management, San Francisco State University's School of World Business, and other colleges. Professor Kapoor was awarded the Business and Services Division's Outstanding Professor Award. He has also served as an Assistant National Bank Examiner for the U.S. Treasury Department and as an international trade consultant to Bolting Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Mumbai, India. Dr. Kapoor is known internationally as a coauthor of several textbooks, including FOUNDATIONS OF BUSINESS, 5E (Cengage Learning). He has served as a content consultant for the popular national television series The Business File: An Introduction to Business and has developed two full-length audio courses in business and personal finance. He has been quoted in many national newspapers and magazines, including USA Today, U.S. News & World Report, the Chicago Sun-Times, Crain's Small Business, the Chicago Tribune, and other publications. Dr. Kapoor has traveled around the world and has studied business practices in capitalist, socialist, and communist countries. William Pride (Ph.D., Louisiana State University) is a professor of marketing in the Mays Business School, Texas A&M University. In addition to this text, he is co-author of a market-leading principles of marketing book. Dr. Pride's research interests include advertising, promotion, and distribution channels, and his research articles have appeared in major professional journals, such as the Journal of Marketing, the Journal of Marketing Research, the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and the Journal of Advertising. Dr. Pride is a member of the American Marketing Association, Academy of Marketing Science, Society for Marketing Advances, and the Marketing Management Association. He has received the Marketing Fellow Award from the Society of Marketing Advances and the Marketing Innovation Award from the Marketing Management Association. Both of these are lifetime achievement awards.
- Author(s)Jack R. Kapoor,Robert J. Hughes,William M. Pride
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Out-of-print date23/03/2017
- Weight1055 g
- Width217 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.