All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcological resilience provides a theoretical foundation for understanding how complex systems adapt to and recover from localized disturbances like hurricanes, fires, pest outbreaks, and floods, as well as large-scale perturbations such as climate change. This book collects important articles on the subject of ecological resilience.
- Author BiographyLance H. Gunderson is an associate professor and founding chair of the Department of Environmental Studies, Emory University, in Atlanta, Georgia. Craig R. Allen is the leader of the Nebraska Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit and an associate professor in the School of Natural Resources at the University of Nebraska, in Lincoln. C. S. (Buzz) Holling is Emeritus Eminent Scholar Professor in Ecological Sciences at University of Florida, in Gainesville.
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight748 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byC. S. Holling,Craig R. Allen,Lance H. Gunderson
Best selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £16.24Trending at £17.11
- £21.10Trending at £25.73
- £14.29Trending at £15.95
- £13.35Trending at £13.98
- £16.15Trending at £27.60
- £10.58Trending at £12.43
- £8.57Trending at £8.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.