All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume comprises selected articles from Francis Poulenc: J'ecris ce qui me chante (Fayard, 2011) edited by Nicholas Southon. Many of these articles and interviews have not been available in English before and Roger Nichols's translation, capturing the very essence of Poulenc's lively writing style.
- Author BiographyNicolas Southon has a doctorate in musicology and graduated from the National Conservatoire of Music, Paris. Il a enseigne A l'universite de Tours ainsi qu'au conservatoire de region d'Aubervilliers, a ete critique dans des revues musicales specialisees, et apparaA(R)t regulierement comme producteur sur France-Musique. He has taught at the University of Tours and the Conservatoire of Aubervilliers, as well as writing reviews for numerous music magazines, and appears regularly as a producer on France Musique. Roger Nichols studied Music at Oxford University. In 1980 he became a freelance writer, broadcaster, critic, translator and pianist and has made numerous broadcasts on BBC Radio 3, mainly about French music. In 2006 he was appointed Chevalier de la Legion d'honneur for services to French culture.
- Author(s)Nicolas Southon,Roger Nichols
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/01/2014
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 15 b&w illustrations and 7 music examples
- Weight798 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £7.45Trending at £7.82
- £29.50Trending at £41.52
- £27.37Trending at £28.13
- £26.39Trending at £27.68
- £20.75Trending at £21.13
- £10.62Trending at £11.64
- £23.35Trending at £23.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.