All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTells the rags-to-riches story of Franklin Evans, an innocent young man from the Long Island countryside who seeks his fortune in New York City. Corrupted by music halls, theatres, and above all taverns, he gradually becomes a drunkard.
- Author BiographyWalt Whitman (1819-1892) was a poet, journalist, and essayist. His enormously influential poetry includes the collection Leaves of Grass, first published in 1855. Christopher Castiglia is Professor of English at Pennsylvania State University. He is the author of Bound and Determined: Captivity, Culture-Crossing, and White Womanhood from Mary Rowlandson to Patty Hearst. Glenn Hendler is Associate Professor of English at the University of Notre Dame and Visiting Associate Professor of English at Fordham University (2006-07). He is the author of Public Sentiments: Structures of Feeling in Nineteenth-Century American Literature and a coeditor of Sentimental Men: Masculinity and the Politics of Affect in American Culture.
- Author(s)Walter Whitman
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication17/07/2007
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note3 illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width3971 mm
- Height5677 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChristopher Castiglia,Glenn Hendler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £16.99Trending at £17.87
- £6.02Trending at £11.31
- £26.85Trending at £27.23
- £1.99Trending at £3.16
- £4.59Trending at £8.41
- £4.50Trending at £4.93
- £8.79Trending at £9.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.