All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first study to demonstrate the role of cultural change in the global rise of freedoms.
- Author BiographyChristian Welzel is Chair of Political Culture Research at the Center for the Study of Democracy, Leuphana University Lueneburg, Germany, and President of the World Values Survey Association. He is also special foreign consultant to the Laboratory of Comparative Social Research at the Higher School of Economics, St Petersburg, Russia, and a permanent affiliate of the Center for the Study of Democracy at the University of California, Irvine. A repeated recipient of large-scale grants from the German Science Foundation, Welzel is the author of more than one hundred scholarly publications in high ranking peer-reviewed journals in sociology, political science and psychology. His recent books include Modernization, Cultural Change, and Democracy (with Ronald Inglehart, Cambridge, 2005), Democratization (with Christian Haerpfer, Patrick Bernhagen and Ronald Inglehart, 2009) and The Civic Culture Transformed: From Allegiant to Assertive Citizens (with Russell J. Dalton, Cambridge, 2014).
- PrizesWinner of International Society of Political Psychology Alexander George Book Award 2014 and Stein Rokkan Prize for Comparative Social Science Research 2014.
- Author(s)Christian Welzel
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/12/2013
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note74 b/w illus. 38 tables
- Weight630 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.