All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1961, the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) and other civil rights groups began organizing the Freedom Rides. This book shows how the Freedom Rides were crucial in raising awareness among decision makers and in bringing the realities of racial segregation into American homes through national media coverage.
- Author BiographyDerek Charles Catsam is assistant professor of history at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin.
- Author(s)Derek Charles Catsam
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/12/2008
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleCivil Rights and the Struggle for Black Equality in the Twentieth Century
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight809 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.