All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFreire, Teaching, and Learning
- Author BiographyThe Author: Mariana Souto-Manning, Ph.D., is Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education at Teachers College, Columbia University. From a critical perspective, she examines the sociocultural and historical foundations of schooling, language development, literacy practices, cultures, and discourses. She studies how children, families, and teachers from diverse backgrounds shape and are shaped by discursive practices, employing a methodology that combines discourse analysis with ethnographic investigation. Her work is published in journals such as Early Child Development and Care, Early Childhood Education Journal, Journal of Early Childhood Research, Journal of Early Childhood Literacy, Journal of Research in Childhood Education, and Teachers College Record. She was awarded the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Language and Social Processes Early Career Award in 2008 and the AERA Early Education and Child Development Early Research Career Award in 2009.
- Author(s)Mariana Souto-Manning
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number350
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight360 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byIra Shor
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £23.65Trending at £29.14
- £27.15Trending at £29.59
- £10.26Trending at £11.22
- £10.82Trending at £12.25
- £13.69Trending at £14.55
- £3.90Trending at £5.07
- £12.24Trending at £12.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.