All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith 40 per cent expanded coverage, this text covers applied and basic aspects of limnology, now with more emphasis on wetlands and reservoirs than in the previous edition. It take a synthetic approach to ecological problems, teaching students how to handle the challenges faced by contemporary aquatic scientists.
- Author BiographyWalter. K. Dodds received his Ph.D. in Biology in 1986 from the University of Oregon. From 1987 to 1990 he was a post doctoral fellow in the Department of Biology at Montana State University. In 1990 he accepted an Assistant Professor position in the Division of Biology at Kansas State University, in 1995 he was promoted to Associate Professor and in 2002 to full Professor. Over the years, Dodds has taught Limnology, Advanced Aquatic Ecology, Microbial Ecology, Principles of Biology, Conservation Biology, Environmental Problems, Origins of Life, Herbivory, Presentations in Ecology, Aquatic Ecology, Stream Ecology, Algal Identification, Algal Ecology, Bacteriology and Freshwater Biology. He has professional memberships in the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Society of Limnology and Oceanography, the American Society of Microbiology, the North American Benthological Society, the Phycological Society of America and Sigma Xi. Dodds has grants from agencies including the National Science Foundation, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the United States Geological Survey, the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks and the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. He has been involved in the Konza Prairie Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER) program and provides leadership for the Konza LTER Aquatic and Hydrological Group and the Konza LTER Research Experience for Undergraduates program. Dodds' recent research has focused on Aquatic Ecology on Konza Prairie, Nitrogen Uptake Retention and Cycling in Stream Ecosystems, Quality and Quantity of Suspended Solids in Kansas Rivers, and Nutrients and Algae in Streams. Dodds has been invited to present seminars at over 20 US agencies and universities, as well as agencies and universities in Australia, New Zealand and Canada. He has presented at numerous national and international scientific conferences and has produced over 80 peer reviewed publications, 2 book chapter
- Author(s)Matt R. Whiles,Walter K. Dodds
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication03/11/2010
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAquatic Ecology
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
- Weight1580 g
- Width197 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.86
- £6.41Trending at £7.34
- £11.52Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £5.70Trending at £5.90
- £5.71Trending at £7.27
- £6.53Trending at £6.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.