All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the view that globalization signifies a 'clash' of cultures, this book here develops friction in its place as a metaphor for the conflicting social interactions that make up our contemporary world. It shows how creative cultural differences are in the grip of worldly encounter, and how it is overlooked in theories of the global.
- Author BiographyAnna Lowenhaupt Tsing is Professor of Anthropology at the University of California, Santa Cruz. She is the author of In the Realm of the Diamond Queen (Princeton).
- Author(s)Anna Lowenhaupt Tsing
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2004
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note3 halftones. 2 line illus.
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.