CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionOffering new insights into the ways in which friendship is conceptualized and realized in various sub-Saharan African settings, the contributions to this volume depart from the recent tendency to study friendship in isolation from kinship.
- Author BiographyMartine Guichard is a Senior Researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology in Halle/Saale. She has conducted research in Benin and Cameroon on local political cultures, ethnicity, friendship and kinship. Tilo Gratz is Vice-Director for Research at the Centre of Modern Oriental Studies, Berlin, and an Associate Professor at the Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, Free University Berlin. He has conducted research in West Africa and Central Europe on topics ranging from migration, media, local level politics to informal economies and friendship relations. Youssouf Diallo is a Lecturer in Anthropology and Cross-Cultural Competencies at the German Armed Forces Command and Staff College in Hamburg. He is an Associate Researcher at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology in Halle/Saale. He has carried out research on pastoral migrations, ethnicity and joking relations in West Africa.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleIntegration and Conflict Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMartine Guichard,Tilo Gratz,Youssouf Diallo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.