Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £18.86Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery
- Est. delivery by 24 Feb
- £22.18Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by ynotbooks
- Est. delivery by 1 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book charts the transformation of the political landscape of northern Britain between the eighth and the eleventh centuries. Central to this narrative is the mysterious disappearance of the Picts and their language and the sudden rise to prominence of the Gaelic-speaking Scots who would replace them as the rulers of the North.
- Author BiographyAlex Woolf is Lecturer in Early Scottish History at the University of St Andrews. He has published numerous articles on the history of Early Medieval Britain and is Historical Consultant to the BBC's 'A History of Scotland' series in 2008.
- PrizesWinner of Saltire Society's Scottish History Book of the Year Award 2008.
- Author(s)Alex Woolf
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication26/10/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleNew Edinburgh History of Scotland
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.86
- £6.41Trending at £7.34
- £11.52Trending at £13.59
- £9.95Trending at £12.96
- £10.31Trending at £11.46
- £5.70Trending at £5.90
- £5.70Trending at £7.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.