All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnalyzing the 'democratic' features and institutions of the Athenian democracy in the fifth century BC, this work traces their development from Solon's judicial reforms to the flowering of popular sovereignty, when the people assumed the right both to enact all legislation and to hold magistrates accountable for implementing what had been enacted.
- Author BiographyMartin Ostwald is W. R. Kenan, Jr., Professor of Classics at Swarthmore College, Professor of Classical Studies at the University of Pennsylvania, and author of Autonomia: Its Genesis and Early History (1982).
- Author(s)Martin Ostwald
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication21/12/1989
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight917 g
- Width153 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.40Trending at £10.46
- £10.10Trending at £11.44
- £14.58Trending at £20.94
- £14.24Trending at £14.61
- £10.64Trending at £14.49
- £9.99Trending at £10.38
- £10.82Trending at £15.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.