All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the second edition of this classic study, revised with a new and substantial opening chapter, Krishan Kumar introduces and assesses the rival claims of three theories crucial to an understanding on contemporary social theory: the information society, post--Fordism, and post--modernism. .
- Author BiographyKrishan Kumar is Professor of Sociology at the University of Virginia. Since publishing the first edition of From Post--Industrial to Post--Modern Society, he has co--edited Public and Private in Thought and Practice (1987) and written 1989: Revolutionary Ideas and Ideals (2001) and The Making of English National Identity (2003).
- Author(s)Krishan Kumar
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2004
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight420 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.76Trending at £7.88
- £4.99Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £11.95Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.