All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionParametric cost estimating, when properly used, is a very powerful and cost effective technique. This book presents different ways of parametrically forecasting costs, and the advantages and disadvantages of these methods by using real examples from the mechanical, software and building industries.
- Author BiographyPierre Foussier is manager of 3f, the company he founded in 1992 dedicated to the improvement of cost-estimating tools. In his job he develops parametric cost models and trains users of these models. As well as training project managers in cost-estimating, he often acts as a consultant for many diverse companies, carrying out independent cost estimates. Foussier is a co-founder of AFITEP - a French non-profit organisation specialising in the progress of cost-estimating, planning and project management. He is also the founder of XPAR, a non-profit organisation aiming to promote the parametric method of cost-estimating. XPAR recently merged with AFITEP and is now the working group of this society in the domain of parametrics. So far in his career, Foussier has been involved in the development and production of some equipment and systems for use in the military industry. He has also been an engineer at the French space agency (CNES) and has nearly twenty years experience of cost estimating for major space projects.
- Author(s)Pierre Marie Maurice Foussier
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2005
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleDecision Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note22 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1420 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.