All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHerve's evolution toward French national socialism sympathetic to fascism involved ongoing rivalries within the French Left. Herve's marginal interwar national socialist parties sought to employ patriotism and religion to solve French problems. Losing hope in Petain after the fall of France, the aging Herve put his faith in Christian socialism.
- Author BiographyMichael B. Loughlin has taught history and political science at Ohio Northern University for the past 27 years. At ONU Loughlin represented the university on the World Affairs Council of Greater Cincinnati until 2007 and since 1996 as coordinator for Phi Beta Delta, whose ONU chapter has won several regional and national awards in the past decade. During that time he has continued his research on Gustave Herve and published several articles in The Journal of Contemporary History, European Review of History/Revue Europeenne D'Histoire, the Proceedings of the Western Society for French History, and Beregynia. 777. Owl: The Journal. Loughlin's research has been constantly expanded since his PhD dissertation The Political Transformation of Gustave Herve, 1871-1944 , completed at Indiana University in 1987 under the direction of William B. Cohen.
- Author(s)Michael B. Loughlin
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication04/07/2016
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleStudies in Modern European History
- Series Part/Volume Number71
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1890 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine69 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.80Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.