All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's knowledge-based society universities and firms must learn to engage more effectively. Universities focus on generating new knowledge, while firms are increasingly drawing on external collaborations to add value to their offerings. This book shows managers how to work with universities to boost their competitive position and revenue.
- Author BiographyDR GEORGES HAOUR is Professor of Technology& Innovation Management. He also acts as an adviser to firms and organizations in his area of value-creation through effective management of the innovation process, as well as commercialization of technology. He has 8 patents, 90 publications and three books on innovation and technology commercialization. Prior to joining IMD, Dr. Haour was a manager at Battelle, in Geneva, where, for nine years, he led a business unit carrying out innovation projects on behalf of companies in Europe, Japan and the USA. He holds a Master of Sciences from ENSCP - Higher School of Chemistry, France and a Ph.D from the University of Toronto, Canada. LAURENT MIEVILLE is Director of Unitec, the Technology Transfer Office at the Univeristy of Geneva, Switzerland. After graduating in Physics from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Laurent Mieville completed a Ph.D. at the University of Geneva. He spent the next three years in the US, first at Stanford University as group leader, and then at a young start-up company, Conductus. He is immediate past president of the European Association of Science and Technology Transfer Professionals (ASTP) and co-founder of the Swiss Technology Transfer Association (SWITT) as well as member of the American Association of University Technology Transfer Managers (AUTM) and the Licensing Executive Society (LES). He is also one the first technology transfer professionals to be certified at the international level as 'Certified Licensing Professional'.
- Author(s)Georges Haour,Laurent Mieville
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/11/2010
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight510 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.81Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.