All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn ambitious, epic dystopian novel - part political thriller and part satire.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1952 in Nagasaki prefecture, Ryu Murakami is the enfant terrible of contemporary Japanese literature. Awarded the prestigious Akutagawa Prize in 1976 for his first book, a novel about a group of young people drowned in sex and drugs, he has gone on to explore with cinematic intensity the themes of violence and technology in contemporary Japanese society. His novels include Coin Locker Babies, Sixty-Nine, Popular Hits of the Showa Era, Audition, In the Miso Soup and From the Fatherland, with Love. Murakami is also a screenwriter and a director; his films include Tokyo Decadence, Audition and Because of You.
- Author(s)Ryu Murakami
- PublisherPushkin Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPushkin Press
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Translated byRalph McCarthy,Charles De Wolf,Ginny Takemori
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- bradley1holytri...15 Nov, 2016by
A good read
arrived in good time. was well packaged. really a good book
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £7.71Trending at £8.36
- £1.99Trending at £2.22
- £9.80Trending at £9.92
- £6.90Trending at £6.98
- £11.90Trending at £12.27
- £10.74Trending at £11.71
- £8.10Trending at £8.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.