Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.21
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.02Trending at £19.30
About this product
- Author(s)Alan J. Rocke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Molecular Science / Springerbriefs in History of Chemistry
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight189 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: The Molecular World of Hermann Kopp.- A Brief Biography.- Scientific work.- The making of the Molecular World.- The reception.- Concluding reflections.- References.
- Author BiographyEducated first as a chemist, Alan J. Rocke earned a Ph.D. in history of science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1975. Today he is the Henry Eldridge Bourne Professor of History at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, where he has been teaching since 1978. Rocke is the author of five books and nearly fifty journal articles on the history of chemistry, especially the theoretical development of the science in Europe during the course of the nineteenth century. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and in 2000 received the Dexter Award from the American Chemical Society for lifetime achievement in the history of chemistry.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.