All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe volume examines the experiences of professional Western combat soldiers' training and operations in Iraq, and seeks to explain the culture, motivations, and capabilities of the professional soldier in the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyAnthony King is a Professor of Sociology at the University of Exeter. He has written on sport, social theory, and the armed forces including his most recent books The Transformation of Europe's Armed Forces (Cambridge University Press 2011) and The Combat Soldier (Oxford University Press 2013). He is currently working on a book on divisional headquarters. He has acted as a mentor and adviser to the armed forces for a number of years including membership of NATO's ISAF RC (South) Prism Cell in 2009-10 in Kandahar.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight714 g
- Width176 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byAnthony King
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.66Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.