All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigating the workings of the Indian stock market, this study looks for any functional instability that may be embedded in the Bombay bourse. It presents the trends and indicators in clear profile and assesses the nature of any key changes in recent years.
- Author BiographyProf. Amitava Sarkar, M.S., Ph.D (CMU, Pittsburgh) is currently Professor and Director at its School of Management, West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT); he also served in the recent past as Vice-Chancellor (Actg.), West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT). He taught for a number of years, among others, at Southern Illinois, Pittsburgh, CMU, Indian Statistical Institute, and was Head of Calcutta University's MBA Programme at Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management and a member of Post-Graduate Faculty Council, Management, Commerce & Social Welfare at University of Calcutta. He is also currently a member of Academic Council, Central University of Orissa. An economist by training, he specializes in areas of business economics, macro, financial economics, international finance, econometric/forecasting techniques. He had been an economist member in (World Bank initiated) project on socioeconomic survey for and preparation of economic /financial profile for the project affected at Farakka Power project of National Thermal Power Corporation. He also directed and authored a Planning Commission, India Govt. funded Project on financial fragility, capital structure & rate of growth in the Indian economy, 2001. He was invited to present his research on Indian Transition toward New Economy at the New Economy in Development Conference at the WIDER (World Institute for Development Economics Research), United Nations University at Helsinki, May 2002. He was also invited by the University of Foggia, Italy to participate in the deliberations of a Project on Globalization and Economic Enterprise, 2005. He has in the recent past completed directing as Principal Investigator a UGC (University Grants Commission, Govt. of India) major project entitled Functional Instability or Paradigm Shift? A Study of Indian Stock Market in Recent Years .
- Author(s)Amitava Sarkar
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication13/03/2012
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note46 black & white tables, biography
- Weight300 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.44Trending at £11.08
- £5.34Trending at £6.03
- £12.15Trending at £14.99
- £12.10Trending at £13.40
- £10.87Trending at £11.75
- £5.02Trending at £6.31
- £5.70Trending at £7.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.