All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn-depth introduction to coding theory from both an engineering and mathematical viewpoint.
- Author BiographyProfessor W. Cary Huffman graduated with a PhD in mathematics from the California Institute of Technology in 1974. He taught at Dartmouth College and Union College until he joined the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Loyola in 1978, serving as chair of the department from 1986 through 1992. He is an author of approximately 40 research papers in finite group theory, combinatorics, and coding theory that have appeared in journals such as the Journal of Algebra, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, and the Journal of Combinatorial Theory. Professor Vera Pless was an undergraduate at the University of Chicago and received her PhD from Northwestern in 1957. After ten years at the Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratory, she spent a few years at M.I.T.'s project MAC. She joined the University of Illinois-Chicago's department of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science as a full professor in 1975 and has been there ever since. She is a University of Illinois Scholar and has published over 100 papers.
- Author(s)Vera Pless,W. Cary Huffman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/02/2010
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note10 b/w illus. 20 tables
- Weight1050 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.