All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Yan Solihin
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2015
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note161 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables
- Weight1065 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Table Of ContentsPerspectives on Multicore Architectures The Origin of the Multicore Architecture Perspectives on Parallel Computers Future Multicore Architectures Perspectives on Parallel Programming Limits on Parallel Program Performance Parallel Programming Models Shared Memory Parallel Programming Steps in Parallel Programming Dependence Analysis Identifying Parallel Tasks in Loop Structures Identifying Parallelism at Other Levels Identifying Parallelism through Algorithm Knowledge Determining the Scope of Variables Synchronization Assigning Tasks to Threads Mapping Threads to Processors A Brief Introduction to OpenMP Parallel Programming for Linked Data Structures Parallelization Challenges in LDS Approaches to Parallelization of LDS Parallelization Techniques for Linked Lists The Role of Transactional Memory Introduction to Memory Hierarchy Organization Motivation for Memory Hierarchy Basic Architectures of a Cache Cache Performance Prefetching Cache Design in Multicore Architecture Physical Cache Organization Logical Cache Organization Case Studies Introduction to Shared Memory Multiprocessors The Cache Coherence Problem Memory Consistency Problem Synchronization Problem Basic Cache Coherence Issues Overview Cache Coherence in Bus-Based Multiprocessors Impact of Cache Design on Cache Coherence Performance Performance and Other Practical Issues Broadcast Protocol with Point-to-Point Interconnect Hardware Support for Synchronization Lock Implementations Barrier Implementations Transactional Memory Memory Consistency Models Programmers' Intuition Architecture Mechanisms for Ensuring Sequential Consistency Relaxed Consistency Models Synchronization in Different Memory Consistency Models Advanced Cache Coherence Issues Directory Coherence Protocols Overview of Directory Coherence Protocol Basic Directory Cache Coherence Protocol Implementation Correctness and Performance Contemporary Design Issues Interconnection Network Architecture Link, Channel, and Latency Network Topology Routing Policies and Algorithms Router Architecture Case Study: Alpha 21364 Network Architecture Multicore Design Issues SIMT Architecture SIMT Programming Model Mapping SIMT Workloads to SIMT Cores SIMT Core Architecture Ask the Experts Exercises appear at the end of each chapter.
- Author BiographyYan Solihin is a professor of electrical and computer engineering at North Carolina State University, where he founded and leads the Architecture Research for Performance, Reliability, and Security (ARPERS) group. Dr. Solihin has been a recipient of the IBM Faculty Partnership Award, NSF Faculty Early Career Award, and AT&T Leadership Award. He is listed in the HPCA Hall of Fame and is a senior member of the IEEE. His research interests include computer architecture, computer system modeling methods, and image processing.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.86Trending at £14.12
- £26.30Trending at £27.78
- £25.98Trending at £26.57
- £8.19Trending at £11.98
- £11.85Trending at £12.65
- £17.46Trending at £19.81
- £9.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.