All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a social world whose pace continues to accelerate the future becomes an increasingly difficult terrain. While the focus of social life is narrowing down to the present, the futures we create on a daily basis cast ever longer shadows. This book addresses this paradox and its deep ethical implications.
- Author BiographyBarbara Adam (PhD) is Professor of Sociology and Cardiff University. She has published extensively, e.g. 'Time' (Polity, 2004). Since 2003 she holds an ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council, UK) Professorial Fellowship to research the social future, which involves study of how we create and know the future, on the one hand, and how we take responsibility for it, on the other. Chris Groves (PhD Philosophy, University of Warwick, 2000) is Research Associate, ESRC Professorial Fellowship In Pursuit of the Future, School of Social Sciences, Cardiff University.
- Author(s)Barbara Adam,Chris Groves
- Date of Publication30/09/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSupplements to the Study of Time
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.