All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe career of Gabriel Faure as a composer of songs for voice and piano traverses six decades (1862-1921). This title presents an illustrated study of each of Faure's 109 songs. It includes chapters for the student singer and serious music-lover that discuss interpretation and performance in both aesthetical and practical terms.
- Author BiographyGraham Johnson's career as a distinguished concert accompanist has always encompassed his activities as a scholar of song and planner of recital programmes. Founder of the Songmakers' Almanac, he has written the notes for his recordings of the complete songs of Schubert and Schumann. Author of A French Song Companion and Britten: Voice and Piano (the latter for Ashgate) he has masterminded Hyperion Record's French Song Edition, including the complete Chabrier and Faure songs. He was appointed OBE in 1994 and Chevalier de l'ordre des arts et des lettres in 2002. He is Senior Professor of accompaniment at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
- Author(s)Graham Johnson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2009
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 167 b&w illustrations and 9 music examples
- Weight1502 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Translated byRichard Stokes
- Series Edited byProfessor George Odam
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £10.87Trending at £13.84
- £9.26Trending at £10.88
- £23.95Trending at £24.80
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £7.00
- £5.78Trending at £6.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.