All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA man in Newgate had been found guilty of murdering the aristocrat whose portrait he was painting. Captain Hawkes is given the job of investigating, but when his first steps produce a sizeable bribe to look the other way, it arouses his smouldering anger over the condition of England.
- Author BiographyBernard Cornwell worked for BBC TV for seven years, mostly as producer on the Nationwide programme, before taking charge of the current Affairs department in Northern Ireland. In 1978 he became editor of Thames Television's Thames at Six. Married to an American, he now lives in the United States.
- Author(s)Bernard Cornwell
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date30/09/2003
- Weight561 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £8.94Trending at £9.49
- £7.96Trending at £9.29
- £10.56Trending at £16.91
- £6.20Trending at £9.34
- £7.79Trending at £8.22
- £8.41Trending at £8.64
- £5.00Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.